Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pumpkin Patch visit #1

I say this every year but October is absolutely my favorite month! I love everything about it- the cooler weather ( well not necessarily here in so cal), the fall decorations, pumpkin patches, Halloween decorations, all the activities going on at the amusement parks around here, pumpkin spice lattes, and trick or treating. I even love all the fall colors- orange, brown, red, etc... I especially love ( and miss) the leaves changing colors in West Virginia and Marshall football. I  wish I could go back to West Virginia every year and stay the entire month of October. There is something about the crispness in the air and the beauty of the leaves that is both invigorating and rejuvenating. It is my happy place. Even though I am unable to get back to West Virginia until next month I still love the things we have around here.

Last October was pretty lame because I was sick for most of the month, so I am making sure we make up for it this year. Even though I am working and Aidan is in school I have lots of fun things planned this month. This past weekend we made our annual trip to Bates Nut Farm. It is a farm near San Diego that is basically in the middle of nowhere. They have pumpkins for as far as the eye can see, hay rides, a corn maze, petting zoo, jumpy slides, food, and art vendors. It is always a fun family event. This year Clinton was unable to go because he was working in Los Angeles but we went with a couple of other mama friends and had a great time!

Speaking of  lame- Clinton and I were talking last night. I was talking about something being L- A- M- E and spelled out the word. Aidan chimes in and said "lame?" smart boy.

Since I am working I decided to bite the bullet and buy myself a good camera. I really love taking pictures and I am tired of the fuzzy and blurry ones I get a lot of the times. I got to play with it for the first time this weekend. I only know the basics so I am really excited to take some classes. I have no idea how to edit so I am looking forward to learning this too. I wish I would have bought it when Aidan was a baby. I think I have gone through 3 or 4 cameras since he was born and could have bought a good one with the money I have spent. Here are some of the pics I took this weekend.















No comments: