Sunday, January 17, 2010

Spring is here and pics from the zoo

The snow has melted and it is raining outside today. Aidan and I took Annabelle for a walk yesterday and when he walked outside he said "Its Springtime!". He saw the snow had melted so he thought that meant it was now Spring. Pretty smart little boy we have. It seems that Aidan just keeps getting cuter and cuter. I think that 2 is the best age! The things that come out of his mouth just make me laugh and smile. Its amazing to watch him connect things and then apply them! Every day is so full of discovery and figuring out how things in the world work. He is constantly asking questions to get more information. Yesterday I took him to his first basketball game. It was just a rec league but we had a good time. We went with my cousin Terri to watch her son Kyle. Aidan just sat there and took things in ( at least for awhile until he started playing on the bleachers with his new friend Ella LOL!). He asked Terri a hundred questions about what the buzzers meant , what the players were doing, etc... He is just so curious! After the game we went to the mall so Aidan could play. On the way there he said, " I like your purse mom where did you buy it?" That just made me laugh! His imagination is just taking off at this age. Yesterday afternoon I was a little tired from staying up with Annabelle all night ( she had a sick tummy and kept having to go outside) so I laid down and let Aidan play in his room. Well of course he wanted to play in my room so I just watched him. I had a laundry basket there with a couple of dirty socks in it. He dumped out the socks and had the most fun with that laundry basket! First he pretended it was a rocket ship, then he flipped it upside down and he pretended that he was a mouse and that was his cage, and then he flipped it over again and pretended that it was his car. Simple objects like that make the best toys! It really lets him use his imagination. Of course because he is so into exploring it is also creating a bunch of messes! I am being as patient as I can but man it can be frustrating! While we were in San Diego Aidan poured out a whole bottle of water onto the carpet. I said ,"Aidan did you just pour out that water?" He said "Its a beach party!" He was jumping over the water pretending it was waves. In his little mind he was not creating a mess but was making a "beach party". I just laughed and said "well as long as you werent making a mess" and just cleaned it up later . LOL!

Aidan and I had our first day of school this week . I think it went well for both of us. I LOVE my class. I think there is just something special about Special Ed teachers and professors. My teacher is passionate about little ones with special needs and about helping her students. I am so excited about the class and my assignments. One of things I have to do is write a childrens book and get it published! I have been wanting to do this for the longest time. I cant wait!!!! Also, my first assignment is to assess Aidan- another thing I have been wanting to do but havent been able to get my hands on a Batelle. I cant wait to assess him to see where he is functioning and to see what his strengths and weaknesses are and which areas we need to focus. I havent administered the Batelle in about 10 years so this will be good practice to refresh myself. Aidan did well for his first day of "school". His favorite thing was playing in the activity room and playing with the kids. The teacher said he didnt eat much and cried at nap time, but other than that did great.

Well I have about 3 messes to clean up that were made while I was doing this post. LOL! Here are some pics from the zoo. I made the post about our trip to the zoo while we were still in SD but lost the post somehow. Excited to be at the zoo!
Mommy and Aidan at the Gorilla exhibit. I LOVE watching the Gorillas and could do it all day! They were being kind of aggressive this day. Im not sure if it had something to do with the 2 full moons we had in Jan ( we went on the day on one of the full moons) but one started pounding on the glass that seperated them from us and one started pounding his chest. There was a baby gorilla there that was being a typical toddler and kept aggravating all of the grown ups. LOL!


Just because I always get a pic of Aidan on this Hippo statue....




The Panda bears. The San Diego Zoo has a new baby panda but sadly he was not on exhibit when we were there. I was bummed...




Cute baby Giraffe....




I think Giraffes are so beautiful and rank as one of my top favorite animals!





Aidan and daddy






Look at that concentration !.





















No comments: