Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

We had a fun and busy Easter weekend! So many sweet memories were created with my sweet boy. On Friday we had a playdate with our new moms group at the park flying kites. On the way home I told Aidan that we would go home, have lunch, and then make our Easter cake. He said, " I want to put hearts on it". I said, "honey it is for Easter not Valentines day" ( thinking that he was thinking about the one we made on Valentines Day. He said "no mom I want to put a heart on it to say thank you to Jesus for Easter". He blew me away and made me tear up a little! We had talked earlier in the day about the REAL reason we celebrate Easter and in his own 3 year old way I think he GETS it! Love that boy! We went home and made our bunny cake.




Saturday morning we got up and dyed Easter Eggs. What an experience this year! It was like Manic Egg Dying! Aidan was SOOO excited that we would put an egg in and 1 second later he wanted to take it out and put another one in or put 2 in at the same time. lol! He also was into mixing colors this year and putting an egg in multiple colors. We definitely had some interesting looking eggs. lol! After we dyed eggs I made lunch and then we decided to drive to Orange County to go to Saddleback for church. I was soooo glad we did! What an awesome message! Pastor Rick gave a message about rescue and hope. He had one of the Chilean Miners there. What an inspiration! When the accident occurred Jose was the only Christian in the group. He was responsible for leading prayer and actually conducted service twice a day while trapped. You might remember that one of the first things the miners requested were tiny bibles. By the time the miners were saved there were 22 other miners that were "saved" and 22 new Christians! 23 of the 30 miners had given their life to Christ! God is so good!




We got home late from Church on Saturday so we were dragging on Sunday morning. Aidan got his Easter basket and goodies the Easter Bunny left. Aidan is so sweet. My mom is still here visiting and she gave up chocolate for lent. Needless to say she has been craving chocolate all week and was REALLY looking forward to Sunday so she could fulfill her craving. The first thing Aidan pulled out of his basket was his big chocolate bunny. He immediately handed it to mom and said " here Mimi this is for you". So sweet! Of course Mimi gave it back to him but I hope he continues to keep his giving and sharing nature. After the morning goodies we got ready and went to the new church I have been attending close to our house. I signed up to volunteer to assist with the toddlers in Sunday school while mom went to the service.




We had a GREAT Easter weekend!





Our bunny cake we made. I used a Wilton pan this year and wasn't that thrilled with it. I made a pink heart on the bunny with icing after I took this picture for Jesus.
Aidan and his manic egg dyeing. lol! This is the first day that Aidan got dressed by himself without me telling him to do it. He picked out a brown pair of pants and the shirt from my 20 year reunion. He may not be making a fashion statement but I was so proud of him for getting himself dressed!



Easter at Saddleback!




Mimi and her boy








Easter Goodies!








Easter morning. Aidan fell asleep in the car on the way home from church so he I just took off his pants and he slept in his shirt from the night before.











Getting ready to go to church Sunday morning.



































































Me and my sweet boy!
























No comments: