Saturday, December 10, 2011

I LOVE the holidays and being Aidan Kai's Mama!

I just love the Holiday season! I love everything about it- the fresh smell of the Christmas tree and Christmas treats, the lights ( oh my! the lights in our neighborhood- there are more and more going up every day!), the Christmas Cheer, all the decorations, figuring out the perfect gifts to give, the DIY ( do it yourself) projects, the Christmas parties and celebrations, and yes even the busyness at the stores. I go full steam ahead the whole month of December and figure I can just collapse in January. lol! It makes me sad that our families are so far away and even Clinton has been away for the past month (he is due home next week) but having Aidan makes the holidays so much more FUN! I LOVE his little 4 year old cuteness!! I love his curiosity and the questions he asks on a daily basis. I love his innocence and his colorful imagination! I love watching him play and doing things for the first time. I love his funny personality and creativity. I love how when he gets a boo boo it only takes one kiss from Mama to make it all better. I love all of our cuddle time (I am so happy that he still likes for me to hold him!). I love how smart and intuitive he is. I love when he comes to me and tells me these off the wall stories that he has made up. I love that he has an imaginary friend "Michael". I love his passion for trains and cars. I love that he thinks about things that I would never think about in a million years like- What kind of car Barrack Obama drives, what makes the stars shine, and what makes up air. What a true blessing from God this child has been and continues to be! I am blessed.

So here is some of the holiday fun Aidan and I have had this past week.....



Making cookies with Squirt- his classroom turtle.


Some mischief Squirt and John the Elf got into one night. Coloring in one of Aidan's coloring books....
getting a haircut.....
decorating the tree.... I haven't gotten any really good pictures of the completed tree yet, so I will post once I do.
playing with his friends that are in my mom's group. We had our Christmas party at the park...
Swinging with Karen....
working out how to play ring around the rosie......
more mischief from Squirt and John the Elf.... Enjoying a late night snack.
What have you done to our picture John?????
We had a play date with Emily our neighbor at our house. We. made and decorated more Christmas cookies.
getting ready tonight to go to Christmas in the Park. Man I need to get this kid to the dentist!
Christmas in the Park.....
They had face painting there. Out of all the things Aidan could have chosen (all Christmas) he chose a Menorah AND a Rudolph nose! Go figure. Just part of his quirky personality I love!

No comments: