Saturday, December 3, 2011

What happened to November?

Can someone please tell me what happened to November? It seems it came and went really quickly! I didn't post in November so I will play catch up.

The middle of November Aidan and I flew to Tennessee where we had our annual girls trip to Gatlinburg with my mom, aunt, and cousin. We always have such a good time and I am afraid it is going to be our last year as Aidan will be in Kindergarten next year ( or PEPP we are still debating)! I don't think it is a big deal to miss preschool but it is a totally different story once you enter public school. I am already dreading Aidan having to go to school every day. I don't know what I will do with myself all day! :( I know that he is more than ready and will do great but this mama is NOT ready!

Gatlinburg was great. We did our ususal- went shopping, out to eat, to the Dixie Stampede, and took our annual photos. Aidan and my cousin ended up sick and in urgent care the same day with ear infections, but it was the only little snafu. The antibiotics kicked in and they both felt much better after a day.

After Gatlinburg I went home with my mom and we stayed with her until after Thanksgiving. I planned outings just about every day so the time seemed to fly by! We went to the library a couple of times for story hour, Wallabies ( a local jump house place that is super nice!), the mall, the movies to see Happy Feet 2, Fun Expedition ( kind of like Chuck E. Cheese), the Hands On Museum, the park, and to see the lights at the Bristol Motor Speedway. Mom took Aidan out one day for a "date". I think they both had a good time.

We had a low key Thanksgiving. The three of us had Thanksgiving dinner at the Marriott. It was actually really good and neither mom or I had to cook! After dinner we took Aidan to the park where we all got a little exercise. :)

We came back to California last Sunday. I have been busy this week cleaning this house and getting it in order for Christmas. The houses are CRAZY in this neighborhood. Everyone goes ALL OUT for Christmas! There is even one house 1 street over that has an entire Christmas light show! They play music and the lights perform a show along with it! The traffic is really terrible as I think everyone in San Diego is going to come by to look at our neighborhood lights.

We have lots of fun things planned for December ( we went to Legoland yesterday with our neighbors) and I can't wait to post about them.
Aidan at the rock where we always take our annual pics.


My mom, Aidan, and Aunt Sue being silly.
cousins!
Having dinner at the Partridge and a Pear ( restaurant at the Christmas Place)
This is Aidans dinner- Christmas Pancakes and Candy Cane juice!
Enjoying some Apple Cider at Thanksgiving. The legs crack me up.
He thought he was a really big boy drinking out of the wine glass.
Driving to see the lights at the Bristol Speedway. Mimi let Aidan drive the car and he was in HEAVEN! I can still remember my dad letting me drive the car when I was 4! Of course we were in the middle of the desert and NOT on a race track. lol!

riding the rides at the infield.
I LOVE this picture of Aidan and my mom.

Aidan and I getting ready to roast marshmallows.

The carpet cleaning men are here and said they are on their way to clean the carpets (yay!) so I gotta run. I promise to post more about our December activities. :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh - you sure do have a good looking cousin!! ;-)