Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten


Well Aidan survived his first day of kindergarten and I survived my first day back to work after 5 years! I think school is going to be a big adjustment for him. It is going to take a little while to get used to going every day / all day. I have to put him in after school care for awhile until they hire someone to fill the other position that I quit before I even started ( long story short the same school hired me TWICE). The new position I took is the hours I wanted and slightly more pay. :) When I picked Aidan up from school yesterday he was looking very sad. :(  He was there about 45 minutes longer than the other kids). He was tired, sweaty, dirty, and ready to come home. :( After I talked to him about his day I discovered that they wouldn't let him drink his chocolate milk that I packed in his lunch. The school is super picky about what they let the kids eat. I thought the milk would be ok since it was organic but it turns out they make all the kids drink water at lunch. It would have been nice to have known that before to avoid the disappointment but now we know. Today was a short day for me so I was able to pick him up at the normal dismissal time. He was much happier and he said that he had a fun day! Hurrah! Some first day of school pics....

When I grow up....
 His first day of preschool pic and first day of Kindergarten. Next year I will have this picture blown up and he will hold it up and every year after that. It should make for a really neat Sr. Year photo!
 The lunch box he picked out. I bought this in Gatlinburg Tn at an embroidery place. I was going to get one last year and changed my mind at the last second. When I took him this year he picked out the very same one that he picked out last year! At least he knows what he likes. lol.
 Close up shot.
 Dropping him off.  At this point I started to tear up.
 Waving good bye. At this point there were many tears rolling down my face. I even got a little teary dropping him off today on his SECOND day of school.
 This is how I found Aidan on the first night sleeping in his new bed. When I asked him why he moved from the top bunk to the bottom bunk he said, " Mom there was a sign that said not intended for children under the age of 6". I was a little suspicious so I asked him to show me and sure enough there was a sticker on the top bunk with safety warnings and it said " not intended for children under the age of 6". My smart boy. :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad he is happier. Looks like they would let them stay inside after school on hot days.