Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Still Downunder sorry no pics

We are still in Australia having a great time. I don't have the correct adapter to charge my camera so my battery is almost a gonner. My camera is also in the process of a slow death, so I dont have any pictures to share.

Christmas went well. I bought Aidan a couple of small gifts and his Grandma and Grandpa got him some books, small stuffed animals, and some things to play with on the beach. For Christmas dinner we got together with all of Clinton's family at his brothers house. Aidan had 7 cousins to play with and had a ball! ( most of them girls so he had a lot of little mommies around!) After we had lunch we took off for Cowes where Clintons parents have their holiday house. I got to experience some Australian wildlife immediately arriving there. We saw 2 dead kangaroo by the side of the road a mile from their house ( very sad), a big hairy brown spider as soon as we walked in the house ( vey gross), and wild parrots and cockatoos ( very beautiful). The birds feed out of the bird feeder and they are absolutely beautiful! I could watch them all day.

All the family came down for a barbecue on boxing day and we had a virtual repeat of Christmas. We spent the day at the beach and had fun with Aidan playing in the sand. We went out to dinner with the fam that night. Aidan is in the process of getting 6 new teeth at the same time so bless his heart, he was not a happy camper that night. His teeth have really been bothering him, but I have been giving him baby orajel and tylenol at night and during the day if it seems they are really bad. He went through a phase of about 4 days where he just did not eat at all ( I am assuming because of his teeth) and I began to get worried about him . However, on the way home from Cowes he ate like a horse and has been eating well since then. I think the worst has passed with his teeth and hopefully, by the time we fly home on Friday they will not be an issue.

While in Cowes we spent a lot of time at beach, went to a wildlife park where we got to feed some kangaroos, and went to the nobbies. We had a very relaxing time. Last night Clinton and I went to see the late showing of the movie Australia ( which was awesome!) while Clintons mum babysat Aidan. I am going shopping tomorrow with my 2 sister in laws and we will be having another barbecue with friends tomorrow night for New Years Eve ( these aussies love to barbecue!) We then head home on Friday. The time has flown by. I will post pictures and video when we get home and I am able to deal with my camera.

No comments: