Saturday, January 3, 2009

We are home and some videos

We made it home safe and sound. The plane ride home was pretty grueling but Aidan did really well and deserves the good traveller award ( other than pushing the "ding" button multiple times)! His favorite thing to do on the plane was to push the "ding" button ( the flight attendant call button). He would push it and say "ding"- over and over and over again. I finally wised up and realized if I pushed the cancel button at the same time he was pushing the call button it would actually not call the attendant.

I made the mistake of giving Aidan benadryl on the way over - which had the OPPOSITE effect on him and made him hyper and NOT sleepy ( thanks Sabrina- LOL-just kidding- I consulted his doctor before we left and she suggested we give him benadryl). While Aidan was teething in Oz, I gave him Tylenol and realized that it wipes him out. I gave him Tylenol on the plane when it was time for bed and that did the trick. We did not have the luxury of having an empty seat between Clinton and I like the trip over, but we did get to sit in the bulkhead. Aidan just played at our feet for awhile and slept. I had to hold him the entire time since I could not lay him down to sleep. This meant that Clinton and Aidan got to sleep for awhile but mama got no rest. By the time we arrived home yesterday I was up for more than 24 hours. I let Aidan take a nap when we arrived home, but woke him up at 5:00 to eat dinner and so he would sleep through the night. He went to bed at his usual time but was up from 11:00 to 12:00 last night ( he thought it was play time!). It is now almost 10:00 in the morning and the little guy is STILL asleep! ( this is a first - Aidan is always up at the crack of dawn).

It is really good to be home! Annabelle was more than happy to see us and Aidan had a great time playing with all of his new toys from Christmas. We had a great time, but Clinton and I have decided to stay at home next Christmas. It will just be a lot easier and Aidan can spend the day at home playing with his new toys.

Aidan playing on the beach at Frankston

Aidan riding "his grandpas train"

Aidan opening gifts at his Uncle Jarrod and Auntie Lynettes house on Christmas day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz,
You know - Benadryl does the same to Colin. Revs him up something awful. Interesting, huh. So, Aidan is going to grow up and turn out like Colin. (sad thought)Well, I used Dimetapp for Cassie, back in the day; but they took that stuff off the market. (go figure).

I am glad you are home and had a wonderful trip. I loved the pretty blue and yellow birds, too.

See ya soon.
Sabrina