Thursday, October 22, 2009

Blogging Break

So I decided to take a little blogging break. We have moved back to WV and have been busy. After much drama with the moving company I hired ( we paid twice what our original quote was) and waiting for almost a month for my car ( hallelujah it got here yesterday) we are finally getting settled in our new house. I love the house we are renting and the neighbors seem really great! The best part is that there are a ton of kids in the neighborhood! I have 2 really close friends that live fairly close and a cousin ( also a friend) that lives a couple of miles from here! Funny story about my cousin Terri- we met my freshman year at MU and became good friends. Only after we became friends did we realize that our grandfathers were brothers! We are cousins! Doesnt really say much for the "closeness" of my family huh! LOL! The weather has been a little on the chilly side so we havent been out to play much. Also, shortly after arriving my back decided to go out and I spent every day last week at the chiropractor ( when my back goes out it REALLY goes out!). Luckily my old chiropractor is still practicing. I last saw him in 1992 ( 17 years ago for you non- matematicians). Everyone in his office still remembered me and they still had my records! I just adore Dr. Via! In my book he works magic! I am still seeing him some this week but I am about 95% healed.

I took the GRE shortly after arriving here and got my results already. I am just waiting to hear from Marshall that I am officially accepted to Grad School.

Aidan is doing well but has taken a little time to adjust. He is now in a big boy toddler bulldozer bed! It took about a week for him to actually STAY in the bed at night but now he is doing great. I took him to see the PT and they are going to have him wear shoe inserts for his toe walking. We will see the PT twice a month so she can teach us exercises to help Aidan with his muscle strength. They also recommended an OT evaluation for some sensory issues that she noted.

I havent taken one single picture since we have been here! I took Aidan to the park the other day with my camera to get some shots of him playing in the leaves but my camera was dead. Hopefully Aidan will wake up from his nap in time and I can take him trick or treating tonight at the "Capital Market" and I can get some pics. Below are some pics that I took shortly before I left. These are all the So Cal MU alumi kids- Aidan, Jacob, Bella, and Jocelyn. We got together one afternoon so we could take their pics - so cute- they were all born within 6 months so are really close in age.


MU tots holding up the wall. Hee Hee...
Go HERD!


No comments: