Friday, May 28, 2010

Life without pap...

Well we are almost 72 hours without pap! What a rollercoaster ride it has been. The first night after throwing them away was not bad. Aidan was looking forward to the "passie fairy" so he just whined a little and went to sleep after about an hour ( mainly because he couldnt stop talking). I had to check on him a couple of times during the night because he kept whining for me in his sleep. Then OH MY GOODNESS the second night came! Watch out!!! There was crying, begging, screaming, pleading , and things thrown across the room. He was NOT a happy camper and neither was mama! I actually cried because I felt so guilty and bad. I had taken away Aidan's best friend and he was letting me know that he was NOT happy about it. I almost caved and ran to Target to buy him a new one, but after making a post on Facebook and getting some encouraging comments I decided to stick it out. I had to go to his room several times throughout the night to console him. We were both miserable. He amazingly woke up in a good mood yesterday. I decided to wear him out to help him sleep better. Not only did he take a GREAT 3 hour nap yesterday but fell asleep after about 15 minutes of me rubbing his back and slept soundly last night. Whew..... it is getting better. Tonight Clinton and I are going out for date night while Andrew babysits. I am just going to have him stay up and play with Andrew while we are at dinner and then put him to bed when we get home.

Aidan showing off his "big boy toy" the passie fairy left....


just before saying goodbye to pap...


having fun at Chuck E. Cheese....







Letter from the pap fairy....







No comments: