Tuesday, February 19, 2008

carrots and cupcakes

Aidan had his first taste of carrots the other day. He was not a big fan and kept spitting them out. The above picture is the end result of that days lunch. I have to say that feeding Aidan has not been my favorite part of the mothering experience thus far. I was having a very difficult time feeding him while he was sitting in his highchair. He kept looking at his feet, looking at Annabelle, turning around to see the t.v., etc... It was basically hit or miss. My mom suggested I put him in a chair that reclines a little bit, so I put him in his rocking chair. This has worked much better. He really likes green beans and sweet potatoes and eats those without much problem. I gave him bananas yesterday and he gagged on them and spit them out he hated them so much. I have read some books that say that sometimes you have to introduce a food 8 to 10 times before a baby will take to them. I guess we will just continue plugging along and cleaning up messes!





There has been a lot of talk lately in the blog world about cupcakes. I was watching Martha Stewart the other day and the owner of Sprinkles cupcakes was on the show. Sprinkles was the very first store that just sells cupcakes. They are all natural with no preservatives or yucky stuff in them. Currently there are 3 Sprinkle stores in the US ( with plans to expand all over the US). There just happens to be a Sprinkles 5 minutes from my house! I finally had to break down to see for myself what the big deal was all about. I went there on Valentines Day and the line was out the door and down the sidewalk ( about 1 hour wait). I thought I would be smart and come back the day after Valentines Day ( when everyone would be all sugared out). It didn't make much difference. The line was still out the door and down the sidewalk. I had to wait 1/2 hour for my turn at the delicious cupcakes. I decided to get a red velvet cupcake to eat there and to take 2 home ( coconut lemon and strawberry) for Clinton and I to eat later that night. I was kind of dissapointed in the Red Velvet , but the coconut lemon was Oh so good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They talk about Sprinkles cupcakes on "The Girls Next Door" a lot too. That's also where I saw the doggie talent agency that I sent you an email about. Annabelle would be a natural! Feeding looks gross! I don't know if I would be able to stomach some of that food myself! Have you introduced him to mustard and ketchup yet??? If not... I am dissappointed! -Cara

Anonymous said...

Kelly, you know - NO ONE makes a red velvet cake like June. I've tried many and none compare.
See you later cuz.
Sabrina