Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

The fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate! I love the meaning  behind the holiday and the sense of community. There is so much going on in San Diego on July 4th that you have to really pick and choose your activities. My moms group had a red, white, and blue play date at the park yesterday. This morning we participated in a parade with our church. How much fun! I really wasn't sure if we were going to make it because both Aidan and I have been sick, but I am glad that we did. I remember going to this same parade 2 years ago. It is what made me fall in love with the area and what prompted us to move here! I drove over yesterday evening to check out the parade route. At 6pm there were already HUNDREDS of lawn chairs out saving seats for the parade this morning. People really get into this parade. There is Red, White, and Blue EVERYWHERE! When we arrived this morning at 8am there were already people tailgating and setting up slushie stands, baby pools, tattoo stands, etc... in their yards. What an amazing place we live!

I think now we are going to take a short rest and then head out to festival in the park. We will finish with fireworks tonight. :)




 getting a tattoo at the play date yesterday.
 playing hopscotch. It was on the bucket list.
 Heeyyyy..... We had a 50's themed float.

 Doing the Limbo
Our red, white, and blue food at the play date yesterday.

 Me and my boy! Happy Independence Day!




No comments: