Saturday, March 6, 2010

what was I thinking?

There hasnt been much going on around here. Two weekends ago Aidan and I went to visit mom in Tn. Aidan ended up with an ear infection and we ended up at Urgent Care. He then had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic they gave him. It wasnt the best weekend. We drove back home to our house so mom could babysit for me so I could go to a conference and we all ended up sick. Bummer! I was the healthiest of all of us. I just needed to get a little extra rest and was fine. Aidan was finally all better the beginning of this week so I decided we needed to get out of the house. At the Clay Center ( the science museum) they have Wee Wednesdays. They have a story and activity for little ones. Aidan did surprisingly well. Much better then this summer when we went to Twos Time at the library. He sat and listened to the story. The story was about a little girl in London. They then got to make their own postcards from London. Very appropriate considering Aidans dad is in London for the month of March. We also went to the mall and I let Aidan play and we got his hair cut.

The sun has finally decided to make an appearence. It is still very cold but at least it is sunny! Yeah!!!!! It is supposed to be 50 tomorrow so hopefully we will be able to spend some time outside at the park! halleleujah! All I can say is this winter has been very HARD for me. Thank the Lord I did not move to Alaska before I met Clinton like I was considering. I dont think I would have kept my sanity. LOL! I dont think I am meant to live in a colder climate and dont know if I will spend another Winter here. Sunny California is looking better and better! I have been having lots of "what was I thinking" moments. At least this has been a great lesson for me in "the grass is not always greener". I have learned lots and am loving the class I am taking. I am so thankful that I even got to have this opportunity to do something different for a little while and am soooo thankful for a husband that will support me "no matter what". Of course I am thankful that Aidan is happy and healthy. I am also thankful for my mom and great friends- I would have NOT kept my sanity if it wasnt for them. I have attempted to make the best of this move we have made but seriously - "what was I thinking?". I have been offered the job that I applied for but have decided to decline it. I would love to get back in the classroom and get my hands on those 2 year olds! However, there are many different factors that went into the decision for me to decline it. Most of all I really want to go back to San Diego in May. I dont think it would be fair to work there for 2 months and then quit. We will be spending May in San Diego. Hopefully, Aidan and and I will be traveling with Clinton to Australia and London this summer. We will see what happens. I am locked in a lease until October but after that I am just not sure...














No comments: