Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bowling with Santa

Yesterday Cara and I took Aidan bowling with Santa. It was Aidans first time bowling so I wasn't sure if he would like it. He did enjoy seeing Santa but really wasn't into the bowling part. lol! We saw some friends there so we just joined them. Aidan bowled with Daisy who is 6 years old. They had the bumpers up so at least they weren't all gutter balls. I helped him with throwing the ball. A couple of times I decided to let him do it by himself. Two times the ball didn't even make it down the lane and we had to get someone to help us and once we stood there for about 5 minutes waiting for the ball to make it. lol! I think Aidan's favorite part was the air machine where the balls come out. He really enjoyed putting his face over it and letting it blow his hair. After about 30 minutes we were done and decided to go have lunch.

On the way to bowling yesterday as we were driving Aidan said, "Is that where you take ballet mom?" I looked over and he was pointing to the PRISON of all places. I busted out laughing and just said "no sweetie that is the prison." Of course I then had to explain what a prison was and how people who break the law go there. I don't know what it is with my child and him thinking I am a ballerina and take ballet. He cracks me up. Last year when Cara picked him up from daycare the first time she asked him if he knew where I was and what I was doing. He said, "yes mommy is in school learning to be a ballerina." Kids get the funniest ideas. lol!

I am about 75% packed right now. It hasn't been an easy task with all the "help" I receive from Aidan but I am getting there. The last 25% is going to be the part that really stinks. I hate packing and getting to the last little odds and ends. I am also working on getting the house clean. Clinton arrives tomorrow night and I am so excited to see him! We have been together for 9 years and this will be his second time in WV. Ever. I am going to let him entertain Aidan on Tuesday while I finish cleaning. I want the house to be perfect and ready to be moved when we get back from my moms on the 26th. Andrew is flying in on the 26th and we are loading up on the 27th. Andrew is in a big hurry to start making the drive across country because he wants to make it back to Cali for New Years Eve to spend it with his girlfriend. Hopefully if I do the majority of the cleaning now I will just have to do a quick wipe with the Chlorox wipes and vacuum each room thoroughly. I can do this while the guys are loading up the truck. Clinton, Aidan. Annablelle, and I fly out to California on the 28th where yet another chapter will begin! Telling Santa what he wants for Christmas for the FOURTH time this year. He probably thinks Santa has a bad memory. lol.

Cara and her new haircut with her "little homie".









Thats us standing there watching the ball go down the lane. After about 5 minutes it FINALLY made it and I think it knocked down one pin.






Aidans favorite part of bowling. He was in the lane next to us where no one was bowling ,so no worries about getting his fingers crushed.















No comments: