Friday, December 7, 2007

Favorite Photo Friday - for my dad




This weeks favorite photo(s) Friday is dedicated to my dad. He used to wear hats just like the one Aidan is wearing. I saw it in the store and could not resist. My dad passed away in 1996 at the age of 52. I always think about him, especially around this time of year.

My dad is my hero. He was not only the leader of our family but a leader in the community. He made a difference for so many people and so many people looked up to him. He was intelligent, kind, gentle, loving , compassionate and had such a great sense of humor. His strong work ethic taught me to work hard. He was such a kid at heart and had a great sense of adventure. He was never afraid to do new things. He loved fast cars , playing poker, amusement parks and being on the lake in his boat.

From my dad I have learned to live life fully and to take risks. He taught me that I could do anything or be anything that I wanted to in my life and to be independent. I don't know that I would have had the heart to go through the process of adoption without the lessons he taught me.

I know that my dad would have LOVED Aidan. He would have taught him many things including how to ride a bike, drive a car, and drive a boat. I know in my heart that dad met Aidan long before we met him. Thanks dad for continuing to teach me lessons and for being my guardian angel! I love you!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Oh, Kelley! I just found your blog (thanks to your Facebook) and am starting from the beginning. First of all, Aidan is adorable! Secondly, this blog is wonderful; it made me CRY! You're a fantastic writer... I'll add you to the blogs I read. :-)

Denise (Cyrus) Ash