Sunday, August 15, 2010

When it's just to hot to go outside and play...

The temperature has been inching up and last week we had a heat index of 105. It has been to stinking hot to go outside and play. I like for Aidan to play outside as much as possible but we have gotten very little outside time this week. I have been looking for activities to keep us busy. I have had this finger paint for a long time now and decided it was finally time to break it out. I wasn't sure how he would like it since he is kind of funny about putting his hands in strange textures and doesn't especially enjoy "messy play". However, he really enjoyed it! His favorite thing to do is run his cars through it, but you can see from the pictures he did put his hands in it. We now have about a dozen masterpieces around the house. lol!

I have been working on Aidan's baby book today. I am keeping this blog as a "baby book" of sorts but I started a book a couple of years ago and decided to go ahead and complete it. I have spent a lot of time today going through his blog to get dates and so forth and looking through old pictures and videos. What a treat it has been! I'm so glad that I started this blog to document his life and our adventures.

As you can see I got another blog makeover. Nikki from Blogs for a Cause ( see sidebar) did it for me. This is the third time I have worked with her and she never disappoints! I love it!









No comments: