Monday, October 4, 2010

weekend

We had a busy and fun weekend. Aidan and I went to Oktoberfest on Friday afternoon. It was the very beginning of the festival so not all the vendors were there and the kids rides were not up yet. We did get some yummy hot dogs with Sauerkraut. I have an infected cyst on my leg so I went to the doc on Friday evening and didnt do much else for the rest of the day. Saturday we drove to Orange County and went to the So. Cal MU alumni gamewatching event. The game was a disaster but it was fun seeing faces I havent seen in awhile. We had a pretty good turnout of about 15 to 20 people. Aidan had a GREAT time playing with Jacob and Campbell. They had their own table so they got to play with their cars. They also spent a good amount of time running around the restaurant and running their cars in the floor. No one was actually there to have a nice quiet meal as there were several game watchings going on at the same time, so I don't think anyone really cared. Yesterday we planned to go to the big airshow at Miramar but I decided it would be a low key day. We made brownies for Clinton and took them to him at work. Aidan reallly wanted to make brownies with M and M's on top so that's what we made. Clinton loved them. Clinton is running Play to Win this weekend ( Frontier Trainings free intro course). Aidan participated in his first Frontier Game last night - Expression Expansion. He did great and was a hot sweaty mess when he finished! He had so much fun. There were 2 little girls there that were his "partner" in the game. Clinton and I just sat back and watched him giggle and laugh and have the best time. This morning he said " I miss my sisters". lol! Today we went back to Play to Win for the game "Pedal to the Metal". Aidan got to wear his racecar driver costume which he just loves wearing now. We have been home a couple of hours and I just got it off of him. lol! Anything that involves cars is great in his world right now. That's about it. Tomorrow we are driving back to Orange County and we are going to Mickeys Halloween Party with Jacob and Suzanne. This is the first year he has really gotten to choose his own costume and he decided that he wanted to be a pumpkin. We got the cutest pumpkin costume and I can't WAIT to see him in it. I know this is probably the last year that Aidan will want to be anything "cute" as he is growing up and will probably want to be some type of action hero, sports guy, or lord forbid some type of monster or scary thing next year. So I am going to enjoy "cute" while I still can.

having fun playing with the boys at the MU game watching Go HERD!




Dad has the coolest job!







High Five Dad!





Im going to be a race car driver when I grow up!








No comments: