Saturday, June 21, 2008

Duran Duran Rocks!

I don't know what happened to the last post but somehow I just posted the pictures.

When I was a preteen - early teen Duran Duran was absolutely my favorite band! My room was plastered with their posters and my jean jacket was covered in buttons. I was absolutely head over heals in love with John Taylor. I remember many slumber parties with my friends where all we did was talk about Duran Duran, watch Duran Duran videos, and occasionally work on mastering the dances from the videos. To this day attending a Duran Duran concert would be a dream come true for me.

I just about flipped out when I found an Aidan size Duran Duran shirt in Bloomingdales. I knew I had to have it. I think Duran Duran must be a "thing" for 37 year old women. We had several people staying with us. Sue from Australia ( who is also 37 years old) loved Duran Duran as well and recently saw them in Australia twice! I'm not saying I am jealous or anything but I am jealous. Also, Clintons new personal assistant Tracy is also 37 and loves Duran Duran. She saw them a couple of years ago in San Diego and had VIP passes! Now I am really jealous! She watched the entire concert just a few feet away.

Here are a few pictures of Aidan sporting his ultra cool shirt. The last one is my favorite. It is a little blurry because he was on the move. However, it really captures the essence of Aidan.

No comments: