Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer is here!

Summer is here and it has been stinkin' hot in San Diego. It does not help that our AC is not working ( the downstairs unit was fixed on Saturday night but the top unit needs to be replaced). Saturday would have been my dads 64th birthday. He died 12 years ago. It is so hard to believe it was that long ago. This time of year is usually a little difficult for me because on occasion I will have a double whammy and fathers day and his birthday will fall on the same day and are usually in the same week. It was definitely a lot easier this year having Aidan around and getting to celebrate Clinton as a father. Rather than sit around and feel sad, Clinton and I decided to explore the beaches of San Diego. This is what my dad would have wanted anyway. He was one that was always up for going out , exploring, and staying active. We went to Pacific Beach and had lunch and then hit the beach for an hour or so. The waves were really great but we did not have our boogie boards. Come to think of it I have not been on my boogie board since PA ( preaidan). I guess motherhood does that to you.LOL. Aidan did great at the beach. He stayed on our sheet and did not attempt to crawl away like I thought. He also kept his hat on THE ENTIRE TIME! This is a great accomplishment for him because he usually has his hats off in 2.3 seconds. I held Aidan's hands and he got his feet a little wet. He is doing much better with water in general these days. Since I have been playing with him in the pool his baths have even been more enjoyable. Here are some pics...
I have found that there is not a better toy out there for an infant then a tube of Bordeaux's Butt Paste! HEE HEE


















Climbing Mt.Dad...
Here I come, are you ready dad?



Climbing....




Almost there....



Hip Hip Horray! Success is sweet!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nana is going to be SO SO happy to see those picture of him in his hat!!!

See you soon,
Sabrina